Wednesday, March 24, 2010

We're Moving to.....





UTAH!

10 years ago, Shane and I met in Pleasant Grove, Utah... and I guess now we're coming full circle and moving back to that area. Shane sold his company over a year go, and has been since managing for the new owners. Work has definitely been slow this year, and we've been looking hard for some other job opportunities. Shane's parents recently offered us an opportunity to partner with them in investing in BYU approved condos, and renting out to students. Shane will be managing the properties for them. He'll still probably do some AV work on the side. We are so incredibly grateful for this opportunity and very excited to move closer to family. I have to say, we sure are going to miss this beautiful place. I love the South so much.

My brother graduates from the University of Utah on May 7th, so we are planning to be there for that, and be out of here by the first of May. Hopefully we'll be able to put our house on the market very soon. We're hoping it will sell quickly.

We sure are going to miss Ya'll!!

10 comments:

Stacey H said...

WHAT? Noooooo you guys can't go! Glad for the great opportunity for you though! We will miss you!!!

Krista Lou Cook said...

Wow! That is so amazing for you. I am sorry though that I missed my opportunity to visit you in Nashville. I really did have the best of intentions. Congrats again on the move. See ya in Utah!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Yay! Mike will be so happy to hear this! We will need to get together sometime after you get here!

James Shipley said...

Well good for you, good plans. We are going to miss you.

Kristen said...

Oh no! You and your family will certainly be missed. Maybe we'll be calling you in a few years when Lauren is ready for BYU... Congratulations on your new adventure!

Jen said...

So glad you have such a wonderful opportunity to be closer to family! We'll keep our fingers crossed that your house is a quick sell and you have a stress free move!

Becky said...

You don't want me to comment. *sob*

MiaKatia said...

Congrats! and at the very same time we will miss you!! If you need any help packing or what ever let me know.

Marjorie said...

Yea! I am super excited you are moving to Utah. Maybe we will run into each other sometime and get together once you move here and get settled. We are in Orem, not too far away. Keep us posted.

Love ya

Kate said...

I know there are a lot of people sad to see you go, but we are thrilled to have you get out here closer to us!!!!!!!!! Seriously, it is the best news I have heard in ages.