Thursday, May 1, 2008

Jada at 3 1/2

I used to like to scrapbook, but I have found, I just don't have the time for it! I love to blog, so I'm hoping that blogger thing is around forever.... because this is the only journaling / photo cataloging that I have any time or patience for!

Jada is now 3 1/2 and I thought I'd post 10 fun facts about Jada....

1) I call her "sweetie" so much she thinks it's part of her identity. She'll sometimes refers to herself as "little sweetie"

 

2) She's obsessed with lipgloss... and she's too good at sneaking it out of my bathroom!

   

3) She can't wait to be a big sister. She decided that mom and dad are taking WAY too long to make her a sibling, so she's taken matters into her own hands. Everyone, meet the newest addition to our family. This is Jada's self appointed new baby sister, Emily Elizabeth.  (We recently put the crib back together for baby Lissie when she comes to visit - but Jada decided it would make the perfect bed for her new sister. She even made up Emily's bed all by herself)

       
4) She's proud of her big girl panties and will gladly show you.

5) She's got a sense of humor. When my mom was out here she was showing her her underwear and had it hiked up really high. Shane said, "Pull those down... they look like Grammie panties!" Then my mom said, "Hey! I resent that!" We laughed but figured it blew right over Jada's head. Then later, while we were on our trip, Jada hiked up her panties again and said to Grammie, "Are these Grammie panties?" And then danced around the room with her hiked up panties while giggling... thinking she was just the funniest thing in the world! My mom's jaw just dropped!

    

5) She's my mini-me. She loves to follow me around all day and loves to do everything that I do. She vacuums, irons, cooks, shops, makes her to-do lists, blow-dries her hair when I do, is my little workout and jogging buddy, sweeps and mops the floor.  It takes me a heck of a lot longer trying to get things done with my helper! But I have really grown to love her company and I love teaching her new things. 

6) She's part magician.... somehow little fingerprints show up all around my house.  And it freaks me out because I have no idea what she possibly could have gotten into without me knowing!



8) She is both shy and outgoing.  Sometimes she'll be as quiet as a mouse around people that she doesn't know well, but other times when we are at the park or McDonalds, she'll go well out of her way to try to find a new little friend to pal around with.

9) She has such a sweet spirit! Sometimes says that she misses Heavenly Father and Jesus, and with tears in her eyes says that she wishes she could see them.  She also loves the Book of Mormon and her scriptures and can sense it is an important book. Last night she took out her little Book of Mormon and "read" it to her teddy bear before going to bed.

10) She is a girly-girl! Anything pink, purple, sparkly, ruffly, fluffy, princessy... If I'd let her, she'd change her cloths 20 times a day (I'm  already scared for teenage years...) What more to say... she's a girly girl! Once I put her to bed in a free t-shirt someone gave me (had some orange and green on it) She fussed with me saying she didn't want to wear it, but of course I wouldn't take her guff and made her wear it to bed. The next morning she said, "Mommy, can I take this off so I'm not a boy anymore!" 

3 1/2... It will come and go in the blink of an eye... treasure these moments!

8 comments:

Mia said...

This was the cutest post! I love all those interesting facts about Jada. She really is such a sweet girl. I loved when I was in nursery and she would just sit in my lap and hug me. It made it all so enjoyable. Reed thinks we are taking too long too! Maybe he and Jada can start a support group ;)

Devri said...

loved it, she is too cute..

Anonymous said...

Grandpa Loves (and misses) Jada!!!

Aloha!

Renee said...

So cute, the pictures and the write up!!! She is a sweetie, and we HAVE to get her and Sophia together soon. She was totally bummed that we didn't make it to McDonalds to see you guys.

Anonymous said...

JESS!

Your profile song makes me cry!!!
TOTAL TRUE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND TRUE LOVE NEVER DIES!

I love you Jess, I miss you and Jada and Shane so much right now. Jada is so crazy I love her!!!!!!! Give her a hug and tell her that Lisa loves her ok?

Love you Jess! You're such a huge part of my life, and I just want you to know that I look up to in every single way!

Love you Jess!

Renee said...

Happy Mother's Day, Jessica!! Your talk was wonderful and I just want to say how glad I am that we're VT partners. I hope Jada and Shane pamper you today.

Unknown said...

How sweet. It all does go by so quickly. Kinzy starts Kindergarten this year and I am still in disbelief. Jada sounds a lot like Kinzy. I love your new blog layout. How did you do it? I love blogging too because I rarely find the time to journal and preserve memories anymore. I just started really blogging earlier this year, I hope to keep it up for a while myself. It truly is the way to go.

Krista Lou Cook said...

Ok, so did she get the dancing around in her underwear from you? you did say she copies everything you do!