We've gotten a few panicked phone calls this morning, due to the Tennessee Tornado storms! So I just wanted to make a post real quick to let everyone know that we're okay and our house is still intact. Fortunately we had plenty of warning that a big storm was coming through, so I prepared a little camp-out in our basement!
It ended up being pretty fun little camp out. Early that day, I brought down a crock-pot of taco soup, fruit and drinks, and set up some blow-up mattresses and bedding. Later, we cuddled up with popcorn and movies, and slept down there through the night. Our exercise equipment is also down there, so I also had plenty of time to get my run in! I decided to do my long run and went for 7 miles (half-way to my goal)! It was pretty crazy outside, but fortunately we were very safe.
Storms here can be pretty scary, and our thoughts and prayers are with the families who've had their homes and businesses destroyed last night. We're hoping there is something we can do to help them out.
Thanks to all for your concern for us!
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
sheesh, next storm, we're hanging out with Y'all!!!! :D
You crack me up Beck! Usually when the storms come through I'm a nervous wreck! This is the first time we've really had our basement all together & prepared and able to go down there to camp out! Our basement sure has given us a lot of grief the past couple years, but now that we've gotten all of the problems taken care of, it really is a nice safe(er) place to go during a bad storm. And heck ya, you guys are welcome any time to join our camp outs next time a storm hits! Just bring your jammies and some popcorn and we'll brave these crazy Tennessee storms!
Post a Comment