Okay, so I know this post is a week late, but at our house we celebrate Valentines Day for an entire week! Doesn't everyone? Okay, just a joke! But I hope you guys all had a great day.
Jada has a play group once a week, and this week happened to be my week to watch the girly girls.
Jada has a play group once a week, and this week happened to be my week to watch the girly girls.

So we had a V-day party. Shane called me up and asked me how things were going, and I said, any day that I get to put up streamers in my house, is a GREAT day for me! (and that's not a joke!) We made pink cupcakes, played dress ups and danced to music.
Later we had a yummy family dinner. It just wouldn't be V-day without heart shaped food now would it? Yes, I know very cheesy... but doesn't steak look even more appetizing in the shape of a heart?

Jada waiting for her Daddy to come home from work.... all dressed up as a Princess.
For Valentines Day we all made each other some sweet cards. We gave Jada some little princess candies, and I gave Shane a song (I started a tradition of learning to play one of Shane's favorite songs on the piano for V-day.) This year's is 100 Years, by Five for Fighting... okay true confession... with 3 back to back vacations I haven't finished it yet... but maybe I'll post a video clip when I do. {btw- Shane and I are going to Cabo in a few weeks! Yes we just got back from a vacation. Kind of a fluke that we're going and I'll explain later!} Shane's gift to me was SOOOO sweet! He bought me an engraved iPod Nano with a sensor that I stick in my running shoe. It tracks my mileage, pace, etc! It's awesome. He's so sweet and so supportive!
Well, I have to say, I feel like the luckiest gal in the world. I love these guys so much!!

2 comments:
Awwww! Your dinner is so adorable! :) My heart-shaped meatloaf, a few days late, turned out great. The fam ate it up!
Okay, someone has been busy! I love your Powers family home thing at the top of your page! Sheesh, you totally amaze me! How do you do it?
Post a Comment