Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!

I still have over 8 hours of Mother's Day left (13 if I pretend to be on Hawaii time), and I'm determined to milk it up until the very end. ;) It's been fun and Shane and Jada have really spoiled me rotten this year. I have to brag a little (okay.. maybe a lot) I totally don't expect this kind of treatment every year, but Shane decided to make it a really special Mother's Day this year by doing a little countdown to Mother's Day. He made a little poem and a little surprise each day for 6 days.



6 days to go: 6 of my favorite cookies.
5 : 5 of my favorite chocolates
4: Four new romantic comedies
3: Triple Chocolate Ice Cream Bars
2: Double layer Chocolate Mousse (hmmm... I think he's trying to fatten me up or something!)
1: 1 Dozen Roses delivered to the door (Funny thing is, they accidentally sent me 2 dozen!)



For Mother's Day, I had some delicious cut up fruit for breakfast in bed. Yesterday Shane picked up one of my favorites: Garlic Chicken Papa Murphy's take and bake pizza, and we made it for dinner today.... oh so yummy, and oh so nice not to have stuff to clean up on Sunday and just spend time with my fam!


He let me sleep in yesterday morning till 10:30... Oh my, I can't remember how long it's been since I've done that. That was so nice. And yesterday we all went out for a fun family round of duckpin bowling. If you've never done that, it's so fun. There's a family bowling alley up in Franklin... and now it's the law for them to be completely smoke free at all times of day. So it's really great!


I was asked to speak in church today about Motherhood, and it really was so nice (for starters... definitely a nice excuse to get us all to be super early for once!) But it was so nice to have the opportunity to reflect on all of the wonderful blessings of motherhood. It really is so great, I can't imagine doing anything else.

In Primary, they asked all of the kids a couple of questions about their Mom's, and then wrote it down for the mom's for mother's day. When I read Jada's and some of the other kids responses, I was laughing so hard I was almost crying. Here's Jada's questions and answers:


1) What makes your mom really happy?
"My mom gets really sad when she puts me in time out - then I give her a hug and tell her sorry and she's happy."
2) What does your mom like to do for fun?
"We go to the play park together and she push me on the swing!"
3) What does your mom like ot get for Mother's Day?
"She loves to get a card"
4) What does your mom tell you to do all the time?
"She tells me to have a pizza party!" (You think maybe we have "pizza parties" at our house too much?)
5) If your mom was a piece of candy, what kind of candy would she be? Why?
"Suckers, I like suckers and so does my mom." (Shane says its because all she has to do is bat her cute little eyes at me and I turn into one! It's true)

She also said about me, "She doesn't say naughty words - she says nice words!"

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU WONDERFUL MOTHER'S OUT THERE!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Happy Mother's Day to YOU! I enjoyed your talk today and Jada's answers are precious. It's fun to get a peek into their little world!

Anonymous said...

I wish that I could give you a big hug !!! Happy Mothers Day, Jess!

I Love you!!!!!!

Dad

Family said...

I am glad you had a great mothers day! You deserve it! The bowling video was great! Where were you that had such small balls?

Family said...

I am glad you had a great mothers day! You deserve it! The bowling video was great! Where were you that had such small balls?

Mia said...

Happy Mother's Day!!! I loved your talk yesterday. Jada's answers were so cute :) PS I am a sucker for my kids and their batted lashes too ;)