Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Music City Half Marathon



Well, I may be completely insane, but I signed up with some of my gal-pals to do a 1/2 Marathon! This is something I've always wanted to do, but has always meandered towards the bottom my eternally long to-do list! But now I have a date, a plan, and good friends to help motivate along the way. So here goes nothin! Training started 2 weeks ago. I even trained while we were in Hawaii... which was really TOUGH to do while on vacation! Although, I have to say, running on the beach was pretty cool!

I made up a blog for our little running group. There are about 7 of us so far... and we are calling ourselves "The Marathon Mamas." The link is: http://www.tsrunners.blogspot.com/

Hopefully we'll all get through the training injury-free and make it through to the finish line. OH HAPPY DAY! This is an enormous goal for me, and I am excited for the challenge!

"Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it."
-Oprah Winfrey

Thanks for all your support! (I'll need it!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go for it!
I wish you good luck and a lot of power.
M.

Becky said...

Wahoo, you all are total babes!

Krista Lou Cook said...

wahoo! way to commit yourself!