Run by Collective Soul
My race number is 32853
Well guys, only 10 more days to go until the big race. And I am both nervous and excited! This has definitely been quite an experience training for this. I think the biggest miracle of this has been that I've been able to actually find the time and energy to train! (Definitely not an easy thing to do when you're a busy mom!)
Am I ready? Well, ready or not, I don't think I can cram much more running these next few days! I actually ran my first 12 mile run about a week and a half ago, and it has really helped me mentally know that I can really do this thing! So I'm feeling pretty good about it (for the most part!) I've never ran in a big race like this, so I'm feeling a little nervous, just not knowing what to expect.
I've had so much support from Shane, he's been so great! My running buddies have also been a great source of help and encouragement which has really kept me going. They are all a great bunch of gals! We've all had their own struggles throughout this thing, but I am amazed at their attitude and desire to keep going and hanging in there! I sure love you guys!
Well, I hope and pray that all goes well these next 10 days, and that we'll all be healthy and ready to run this thing. I'll be sure to post some pics later!
Thanks to all my great friends for all of your support! I don't know what I would have done without it!
Am I ready? Well, ready or not, I don't think I can cram much more running these next few days! I actually ran my first 12 mile run about a week and a half ago, and it has really helped me mentally know that I can really do this thing! So I'm feeling pretty good about it (for the most part!) I've never ran in a big race like this, so I'm feeling a little nervous, just not knowing what to expect.
I've had so much support from Shane, he's been so great! My running buddies have also been a great source of help and encouragement which has really kept me going. They are all a great bunch of gals! We've all had their own struggles throughout this thing, but I am amazed at their attitude and desire to keep going and hanging in there! I sure love you guys!
Well, I hope and pray that all goes well these next 10 days, and that we'll all be healthy and ready to run this thing. I'll be sure to post some pics later!
Thanks to all my great friends for all of your support! I don't know what I would have done without it!
**By the way, on race day there will be a way to track our progress! We will all be wearing a computerized chip, and our progress will be recorded at 5k, 10k, and at the 10 mile mark. The progress will be posted online at www.cmmarathon.com . On race day, go to this site and click on the "Live Results" bug. I'm not sure if you can search by name, or if you need our number. But as soon as we get our race numbers, I'll be sure to post them online! The race starts at 7am central time, but the race probably won't really start for us until 7:30 or so (There will be about 30,000 people running this thing and they put the faster people up front.) This event will also be broadcast on FSN (fox sports network) if you have that channel!**
9 comments:
wow I am impressed. I only run to chase after my little monkeys. Hats off to you, and good luck...
I am really proud of all of you! You have all worked really hard and I am excited for you gals to be strong and enjoy the race.
So awesome, Jessica! Really, you all amaze me.
Run Jessie Run! I am pulling for you!
HELL FRICKEN YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JESS IS MY SISTER!!!! MY SISTER'S RUNNING A HALF MARATHON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE'RE SOME TOUGH SISTA'S IN THIS FAMILY!!!!!!! HELL YEA!!!! I LOVE YOU JESSIE YOU ROCK! YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!
YEEHHHAAAAWWWWWW!(i'm a little loopy on pain meds from wisdom teeth surgury still!!!)
Love!!!!!!
Elise
I am so excited to hear how it went!
Jess--I would LOVE to borrow your DVD's! I bought one hoping it would help because Si really likes TV. I know they are cheesy, but she sings the songs and expressed a little more interest after watching it over and over and over... As soon as Lauren's track season is over, we are going to give it a go again. Wish me luck and I will check out the computer game. Thanks! You'd think with #4 that I would have this down, but Si has thrown me a curve. I actually paid Mark's sister to potty train Ashtyn because I hate it so much--my hate for potty training can't have anything to do with our failure thus far!
Good luck tomorrow!!!!
You freakin rock! Congrats on finishing, and in great time! :)
Post a Comment